[*] Help Installing Fedora

Kevin Scott kevinds at cashette.com
Thu Aug 18 00:51:12 CDT 2005

Hello all, Yes, I am a brand new member to this list.  But even so, I have a question.

I am trying to install Fedora onto my server, so I can run Asterisk off of it.

I downloaded FC4, but everytime I go into graphical installation, as it loads the GUI, I get a white screen and it freezes there.  I don't get the Next buttons to begin the install or anything.  Just a white screen.

Does anybody have any suggestions for what to check for the cause of this.

Also, when going through Text based install, shortly after the install starts, I get a message stating Can Not copy file, push ok to restart system.  So I don't think its a disk prolbem (have downloaded and burnt cd's many times), when it can not copy off the media, it tells you to incert Disk 1,   or FC3 did anyways.

Dual P3 1GHz  1GB Reg. ECC SDRAM  80GB hard drive.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time,

Kevin