[*] [Fwd: MTS Transfers]

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Mon Aug 22 11:26:35 CDT 2005

The recent Shaw complaint to the CRTC about MTS specifically mentions
unbundling.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/PartVII/eng/2005/8622/s61_200509490.htm

The Shaw complaint specifically mentions CRTC decision 2003-49 and
decision 2004-34. However, to my reading, these decisions talk only
about allowing DSL from one provider while voice comes from another on
the same copper loop.

Since Shaw doesn't rent copper loop I don't see how these decisions are
relevant.

In short, the CRTC has already ordered MTS to allow the unbundling of
its DSL service from voice service. However, the order only applies to
voice service which is provided over leased local loop which Shaw's
service is not.

--
John Lange
OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872