[*] Shaw does not have QOS

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 13 16:07:43 CST 2005

John Lange wrote:

> It absolutely does NOT involve any traffic shaping or prioritizing of
> packets of any kind.

Thanks for getting clarification on this. I agree that this is not worth $10/month.

> Generally I find the use of the term QOS in this manner as deceptive. I
> wouldn't have any great problem with it if they made the information on
> what it means available. However, I think Shaw takes it too far.

Like saying their digital phone is not VoIP they are playing with words. In the
network world QoS does not refer to the quality of the signal. It is hard to
believe that they would use the term is this way.

> On the positive side; the service was excellent. I am now working with
> the techs to figure out what the real problem is at that location
> (network debugging etc) which is more than I expected they would do. I
> guess having a business account does have some advantages.

Glad to hear you are getting good response from the techs.

-- Bill