[*] Shaw does not have QOS

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 13 18:56:25 CST 2005

John Lange wrote:

> terminating system (“CMTS”) which then initiates a one-time transfer of
> software from a Shaw trivial file transfer file protocol (“TFTP”) server
> to the cable modem thereby initiating QoS."

Each cable modem has its own config file which is tftped down when the modem is
powered up or on request. I thought that QOS would be a setting in the config file.

In looking at some specs for the Motorola 5100 cable modem I came across the IP
address. You can access a Web page for the modem at 192.168.100.1. It is only
the help page no status pages. I do not know why they do not allow users to see
the status pages. John, perhaps you can ask the Shaw tech.

-- Bill