[*] Details of Shaw VoIP phone service

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Jul 12 12:56:36 CDT 2005

Well the speculation is over.

We have, in our house, a Shaw Digital phone.

It is simply a Motorola Modem (Surfboard SBV 5120) that has 2 built in
telephone ports. The only moderate surprise is the power supply which is
extra large and contains a battery backup.

Pictures here:

http://www.langefamily.ca/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=6684&g2_page=1

They will come and install the modem as well as new phone jacks, or wire
it to your existing wiring. The modem DOES NOT replace your cable modem
and can not be used for internet. If you have phone and internet you
will have two modems.

Ours is not active yet (maybe Thursday). General public will have them
starting early August.

--
John Lange
President OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872