[*] New to Asterisk

Brent Hawryluk bhawryluk at pbl.ca
Tue Nov 29 10:11:17 CST 2005

Hello all.

Just been given the task of getting Asterisk working within the office to start before branching it out, and am very excited with the opportunity of being introduced to VOIP.  I only wish I would have sat in on one of Bill's sessions at EPIC Info Days a few months back...

Currently running RedHat 9 and Asterisk 1.2.0 and am wondering if that's the best way to get a system up and running.  The previous fellow was trying to do so with CentOS and Asterisk @ Home, whatever versions would have been most current back in February or so.

Anybody who can recommend any books or online resources in the meantime would be greatly appreciated, to help get me more familiar with Asterisk and the world of Linux.  Or if anyone has any pointers to help get the system configured, feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks, and looking forward to the next meeting.

Brent

Brent Hawryluk - B.A., C.A./P.
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Pollard Banknote Limited Partnership