[*] AMD Machine

Dan & Michele ve4drk at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 2 17:26:58 CST 2006

My current asterisk machine is an ol' intel pII/350 with redhat.
Prior to that, I had it on an AMD K62/450.

It's interesting to note that what you read there is a belief that the
intel processors work better for an asterisk server rather than an amd
processor -- from what I recall, I thought that certain series of the
pentium chipsets were better at integer arithmetic and that the amd's
were better at floating point --

One can conclude that since fixed-point arithmetic is much simpler than
floating point that the asterisk encoders are either fractional or
integer based fixed point computations -- I don't really know though. ;-)

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

Dan.