[*] Asterisk-Cisco call manager problem !

samir patel patelsamirj111 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:52:19 CST 2006

Hi everybody,

This is my first E-mail to Asterisk community.

(1)How can we connect Asterisk with the Cisco Call Manager.?

In asterisk extensions.conf we have to provide username and password of the
service provider but here in my case my asterisk server is connected with
the cisco call manager and CCM takes only mac address my asterisk server,
and CCM is later on connected with the service provider.

I have taken following as my Master degree project:
Project:
“Our system needs to dial 4 phone numbers in parallel and record the result
of the calls. It needs to be able to detect whether a call status is busy,
voice mail, no answer, or live answer. This result would be stored in a
database along with the timestamp of the call.

Our system will be required to place 150 calls in succession and record the
results, that are it will dial the 4 phone numbers in parallel, record the
results, dial the 4 phone numbers again, record the results etc. up to 150
times.”

(2)Can I use VICIDial (Predictive dialer) for my project or I will have to
write a script for that ?

Sip phone(Source)<->Asterisk server<->Cisco switch<->CCM(Cisco call
manager)<->Server<-> Service Provider(Bell/Telus)<->Sip phone(Destination)

I can make calls from sip phone to asterisk server but not to outside world.

Thanking you,

Cheers,
Samir.