[*] Looking for Manitoba toll-free beta testers.

LES.NET (1996) INC. voip at les.net
Wed Mar 1 11:23:46 CST 2006

Greetings List.

As some of you might know, I've been working hard of establishing my own
Manitoba 800 network.

Last night, I had my first successfull test.

Basically, this is a full-fledged TDM toll-free network that allows calls
to originate from anywhere in Manitoba.

People can call from any carrier, from a land-line or cellular (as long as
they are originating from within Manitoba).

At that point, the call ultimately hits one of my asterisk boxes, where I
can then re-terminate it, or .. do whatever, ivr, meetme, etc.

I want to throw a pile of traffic on it to test it some more, but everyone
knows the chef cannot objectively evaluate his own baking.

Right now, I have 5 toll-free numbers pointed to the network, so here is
what I am thinking.  (Yes, I'm looking for free labour)

#1 - Setup 1 number as an IVR menu with echo test, milliwatt, and meetme
conference to a local asterisk box.
#2 - Assign numbers to any of you who can make an effort to test it, and
point it to their asterisk boxes.
#3 - Assign numbers to re-route back to the PSTN (for a full two-leg TDM
test)

I've got 48 channels available in total to start.. (does the list even
have 48 memebers yet???)

I'm just waiting for my quad sangoma card to arrive tommorow (or friday).
Once I have that, I'll roll an asterisk box.

ETA: Friday Night at the latest.

Here is what I propose.

I'll disclose the 800 IVR number to the list once the box is up and
running.  Then, you can all call it at will.
We could try to schedule a mass conference (yes, bring your friends and
family), and see what happens.

Let me know your interested, and I'll setup a SIP/IAX peer for you.  You
can then call the 800# and watch it hit your asterisk box (or ATA).
Use as many channels as you like.

Let me know your interested, and I'll redirect the 800# to a PSTN number
of your choice, anywhere in Manitoba.
You can then call the 800# and test a pure two-leg TDM call.

If I have more than a couple people expressing interest in the 24 hours,
I'll order some more numbers.

Let me know on, or off-list.

LES.