[*] Looking for Manitoba toll-free beta testers.

LES.NET (1996) INC. voip at les.net
Thu Mar 2 00:50:40 CST 2006

Follow up...

Built an asterisk box tonight.. have it sitting on a 10 megabit hub (don't
laugh) next to a Lucent MAX TNT.

Have the two 800 T1's going into the MAX TNT.

Things seem to work OK so far..

888-537-6380 - Echo Test
888-537-6385 - Milliwatt
877-537-6387 - Meetme

Now, since this is on a 10 meg hub, you will hear clicks/blips..  if I do
an ifconfig | grep errors, I can watch the errors increase with every
single ifconfig query.. so its obvious the 10 meg hub is causing problems.
(yes, the ethernet and digium t1 card (even though its not in use) are on
different interrupts)

I will be eliminating the MAX TNT, and plugging the T1's directly into the
Sangoma once it arrives.

So this is just a temporary setup.

.. I was having problems with the MAX TNT the other night.. was pumping
the SIP over some *really* bad cable, and experiencing massive
collissions, and packet loss... I think the MAX TNT barfed because of this
environment, and kept hard-resetting itself.

Now that I have it talking SIP to an asterisk box 2 feet away, it seems to
work better.  We'll see.

Les.