[*] T.O. to become wireless hotspot

Dean Jones Dean at ComputerJones.Com
Tue Mar 7 12:18:49 CST 2006

Just my opinion, but I think Winnipeggers are too cheep and unless they
provide the service (and wireless adaptors for desktop PCs) for free then
not enough of us will use it, so it's probably not high on their list of
cities to get completed.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-bounces at muug.mb.ca [mailto:asterisk-bounces at muug.mb.ca] On
Behalf Of Gary J. Dikkema
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:00 PM
To: Asterisk Open Source PBX SIG
Subject: [*] T.O. to become wireless hotspot

T.O. to become wireless hotspot
Mar. 6, 2006. 08:30 AM
TYLER HAMILTON
TECHNOLOGY REPORTER

Toronto Hydro Corp. will announce Tuesday that it plans to turn Canada's
largest city into one giant wireless hotspot, directly challenging the
country's major mobile phone carriers for a chunk of the $8 billion a
year wireless market.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/A
rticle_Type1&c=Article&cid=1141643034143&call_pageid=968332188492&col=96
8793972154&t=TS_Home

What's keeping Winnipeg?

--
Gary Dikkema