[*] Re: Ekiga

Ray Bowler rbowler at winnipegit.com
Wed Mar 15 12:13:12 CST 2006

I've tossed this on a vanilla fedora core 4 install and the sound
quality etc was actually quite good. There is still that bit of that
'kludgy gnome app' feel to it, but better than most, overall it's kinda
cool. I did notice some odd behavior with sip registering however. If I
left the system for a while (several hours) it seems to unregister. If I
manually unregister/re-register it fails, unless I modify the dns host
it points to,  and then it registers right away. I'm actually kind of
curious of how nice it plays with Solaris, Gnome, and more specifically,
Sunray clients......time to dig out some of the old gear I guess....