[*] PAP2 reflash

Dan Keizer ve4drk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 11:07:09 CST 2006

Here's some info as an FYI ...

Well, after purchasing an open-box pap2 device from bestbuy a little while
back, (although, it really wasn't opened -- saved myself a few bucks) I
managed to find some time to finish up my work on it.  Initial state was
locked to vonage with no access to admin login.
I was able to find some information that was useful in releasing the
provisioning lock.
It seemed my initial attempts at getting the thing working was that I had a
corrupt binary flash image to start with ... I found what I was looking for
at:  http://www.angelfire.com/droid/pap2/ ... there are two zip files there
containing the bin images.
Applying the two images does unlock the device.
It is interesting to note that applying the first image puts the device back
in a "sipura" branded device ... applying the second puts the linksys
branding on it ...

One of the weird things I don't quite understand yet, is that when I hook
the device up to my linksys wrt54gs router (with the router not connected to
my home lan), it connects fine, gets it's dhcp address etc etc
When I plug it directly into my laptop for diagnosing .. nothing happens,
not even a flicker of light from the ethernet port indicating it's actually
got a signal on the other end, so no packet trapping etc ... odd, i
thought.

oh well . .in any case, I now have a fairly inexpensive pap2 device to play
with ...

Dan.