[*] 10Mbit speed - Shaw QoS Fraud?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu Sep 7 12:23:03 CDT 2006

QOS was never originally available for business but you could always
request it if desired.

However, I think the reason its not available to business is because
they already provide signal monitoring for business accounts. If you are
a business customer and complain of problems "on Thursday last week",
they can pull up logs and tell you if there was problems with your
signal.

This sounds exactly like the QOS enhancement they offer for residential.

By they way, the original Shaw tech I spoke with who escalated the
question on QOS to Calgary was just as amazed as I was that the answer
was "Its not packet based, but signal monitoring" so I think a lot of
lower level Shaw people assume its packet based.

He basically said in not so many words that he thought that QOS wasn't
worth paying for. I got my QOS fees back-dated and refunded on my
business account.

John