[*] multi-ring ...

Dean Jones Dean at ComputerJones.Com
Tue Apr 24 21:39:12 CDT 2007

Ok, but can you make two different phones/agents both ring at the same time
but one passes the correct callerid/ani value while the other passes your
own value?  My intent is to see the correct callerID on the main phone (so
it can also be recorded) and pass an 'extension/DID' number to another phone
because they don't need to know who's calling, just to know what number was
dialed so they know how to answer the call.

i.e.  Caller from 2041234567 calls ABC Company's main line DID at
2049876543.
This will ring multiple extensions/phones so the first agent can answer the
call.
In order for the agent to know how to answer, they need to get a DID
callerID on their phone of 2049876543 so they know they were calling the ABC
Company and not the XYZ Company which they might also answer.  If I change
the callerID before sending the call to both phones it works, but then the
main extension which is supposed to display the correct callerID also
displays the DID of 20498765343 so they can't review their callerID box to
see who had called.

The only other way I have managed to do it is to ring the main line first
with the correct callerID, then if no one answers I can ring the other
extensions with the main line's DID.  This adds time to the call, and some
callers hang up if not answered quickly enough.  I need to be able to ring
all lines at the same time with different callerIDs, and still have the call
connect to the first agent and stop ringing the other agents at the same
time.

P.S.  I just had a thought, maybe I could pass the company's DID via the
Set(CALLERID(number)=2049876543) and Set(CALLERID(name)=2041234567) (which I
know is the same as Set(CALLERID(all)=2041234567 <2049876543>) so if it's
passed to a SIP device it would show both, but if passed to an external
phone at least the company's DID would be passed properly.

Am I crazy thinking I can do this?
Help anyone?
Thanks,
Dean