[*] Shaw Digital Phone

Vijay Sankar vsankar at foretell.ca
Wed Feb 21 12:02:29 CST 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 11:50, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> So, I know it's just wrong, but does anyone have a Shaw Digital Phone
> going into an Asterisk box? I am tempted to go to the Shaw bundle,
> but plan on running Asterisk soon.

Recently I changed providers but for over a year, I had Shaw Digital Phone
connected to my Asterisk box. There are quite a few extensions at my house
and not all phones were through the PBX.

The problems I had were the following:

1) Occasionally, the circuit would not be released and as a result, dialtone
was lost. The only way I could resolve that was by unplugging the jack from
the PBX Server and plugging it back in again.

2) *98 did not send me to Shaw's voice mail if I punched it in on an analog
phone connected to the PBX. Other extensions in the house (which were not
connected to the PBX) could reach the voice messaging system, however.

Other than that, voice quality was good and I was able to receive calls on
softphones as well as the two analog phones connected to the PBX without any
problem. However, one person who called did complain that she couldn't
understand what I was saying -- which could be attributed to my accent or to
Asterisk with Shaw Digital.

HTH,

Vijay