[*] Wireless Net Neutrality

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 25 21:55:14 CST 2007

I finally bought a cell phone last summer and was puzzled in trying to use
features outside of talking.  I was of course aware of the locking of a cell
phone to a network but was generally disappointed whenever I tried to use the
phone for something other then voice. SMS, USB connect, Bluetooth, etc. all
seemed to be crippled in one way or other. The SSRN paper does a great job in
describing the terrible state of the cell phone technology.

The URL below is a counter to WU's paper but I think it misses the main points.

http://blog.pff.org/archives/2007/02/wireless_net_ne.html

Boy we should be very thankful that the Internet came out of the Academic world
and not the telco world.

-- Bill