[*] free FON routers

Dan & Michele ve4drk at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 7 00:29:21 CST 2007

Thanks for the good info tonight .... I decided to check out the fon
router i received ...
upon startup (without it being hooked up to an internet connection), it
has firmware: 0.7.1 r2 with a dns entry pointing to 213.134.45.129
(ns01.fon.com)

So, I checked things out and went through the config ...
it so happens that it does an automatic firmware upgrade when one is
available ... I'm  now at revision 0.7.1 r2 and a new entry is available
under the advanced menu: "port forwarding"

So .. all is interesting, will have to do some more tests on it ...
haven't checked out it's ports yet, but it listens to 80 and 8080 .. no
telnet nor ssh that i know of yet ..

Dan.