[*] free FON routers

DAN KEIZER ve4drk at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 7 07:39:22 CST 2007

I tried mine with my xp laptop and it associated just fine.
BTW: Bill made reference to it being openwrt based -- they have a binary image that can be flashed onto existing linksys/buffalo compatible h/w ..

Here is wrt's entry for this device:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Fon/Fonera
I particularily liked the 9090 port option.

Here's a nice little snippet as to what it sends to the fon server:  http://stefans.datenbruch.de/lafonera/
and if you want to enable ssh without opening it up for the serial mod, you can use this:
http://blog.blase16.de/index.php?url=2006/11/28/Hacking-Fonera

Will be fun to check out later :-)

Dan.