[*] Apr 3rd Meeting

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Wed Mar 28 23:23:16 CDT 2007

Bill Reid wrote:
> There was a lot of interest in Asterisk and Fax but no one stepped
> forward and offered to do a presentation. Any last minute offers?
>
> The only thing I have on the agenda is discussion of the June Asterisk
> Tutorial meeting.
>
> If there are no other presentations then my feeling is we should
> cancel the meeting.
>
> Comments?
>
> -- Bill

NetEQuality.org has some six projects operational currently.  They
utilize "radios" to implement mesh wireless networks.  It would appear
they've dropped the $500USD per square mile cost of wireless networks
similar to the CUWin.net model, to somewhere around $300USD.  Their
"radios" I think, are based on the Meraki.net product.  One added
advantage is the maintenance costs associated, since it really amounts
to little more than replacing the "radio" with another, as needed.  Not
sure how one handles troubleshooting the device, when issues arise.

Is there mesh networking in your area?  Might be worth a discussion?
Tom Poe, Charles City, Iowa, USA