[*] WIP300

Valarie Moore jeixav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:40:14 CDT 2007

Alex writes:
> Problem however, that you can not really use it for nothing else except
> VoIP communication (no web browser, screen is kind of small, etc.).

Additionally, I can't help but wonder why Linksys didn't include a
speaker-phone function for the WIP 300. I'd think this wouldn't require
any extra hardware.

Alex, have you looked at selling the Nokia E60? I believe it's FCC
approved, but hardly anyone seems to sell it in North America. The Nokia
N80 is another SIP/GSM phone with a web browser, etc, and it's is easier
to find (eg. Amazon.com), but it has two(!) built-in cameras. I'd like
to introduce my parents and siblings to VoIP and I think using a
dual-mode phones would be the least disruptive way to do this.

/vm