[*] So is it kamailio or opensips?

Jim Van Meggelen jim.vanmeggelen at coretel.ca
Sun May 24 11:33:21 CDT 2009

The project forked due to differences of vision between the two lead developers of OpenSER. From what I have gathered from conversations I have had with Daniel (Kamailio), Bogdan (OpenSIPS), and others in the community, my opinion is that the Kamailio folks are more focused on code stability, and carrier-grade performance, whereas the OpenSIPS community is going to be focused on embracing new technologies, and adding features. I think that both projects are served by a solid community, and have a passion for doing things right, and therefore neither one should be considered better than the other.

Currently the two products are similar, and if you need SER-type functionality, both will serve well. I would recommend that you investigate the community of both projects, and see what suits you best.

Hope that helps.

Jim Van Meggelen
+1-877-CORETEL (Canada)
+1-866-644-7729 (USA)