[*] audio delay

chris friesen chris.friesen at telenium.ca
Sat Mar 12 11:01:55 CST 2011

Correct, 5-7 second delay then the caller hears audio and the call is clear.
The caller hears ringing right from the start, the called person has already
answered and said thank you for calling, this is Tom(the7 second delay for
the caller), and all the caller hears is Tom, and then the conversation
continues fine.

Telus is the LD provider. I did find a LD distance number to reproduce the
error each time. Right after I call a local number, and I can't reproduce
the error. I'm going to contact Telus  next.

Phones are on the LAN.

Echo cancel training is turned off. CPU is a load average of .8 to 1.
I tried a packet capture, obviously did something wrong because I don't see
any sip or rtp in the log... when I do a filter with wireshark. I don't see
any odd

It's like something isn't signaling the phone properly to stop playing the
ringing and start the conversation, this just started over the last month -
no major changes on the pbx or lan that I can recall.