[*] MBIX gets mentioned in CIRA blog ...

Colin Stanners cstanners at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 15:37:21 CDT 2012

For the first point, you're only speaking about residential - there's
lots of business ISPs who have their private networks and feeds across
canada. But they're a small part of the market and only some are
interested in IXPs.

I posted a comment in the blog about this point - IXPs won't happen
unless ISPs see a reason to get back the $20k they spend to connect to
them. The only way I see that happening is if the CDNs get on board
and install caching boxes there, thereby heavily reducing the ISPs'
bandwidth costs.