[*] UniFi VoIP

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Thu Jul 31 20:19:16 CDT 2014

On 14-07-30 10:59 AM, Ron Dallmeier wrote:
> I have been very impressed with the hardware that Ubiquiti has been
> putting out.
> Now I see that they have a VoIP handset. My first impression is that
> these guys were smart to come out with a Android based desktop phone -
> although they are not the first ones to do so (IE CiscoDX). People are
> so comfortable with their smart-phones it is long past time that the
> hard phones follow the same path. This has to make it easier to sync
> address books and calendars, etc.
>
> http://www.ubnt.com/unifi-voip/overview/
>
> ...Ron

The question I have, is does anyone put out both a reasonably-functional
and reasonably-priced *cordless* VoIP phone? I find running an existing
cordless multi-handset system through an ATA to be a bit of a pain in
the butt for several reasons, and am looking for an alternative solution.

While I'm at it, does anyone know of a way to tie a VoIP system
(Asterisk-based, in this case) into my cellular line?  I know of at
least one commercial multi-set cordless product that you set your cell
phone on, and it then functions as a bluetooth headset+dialer; I guess
I'm looking for a Bluetooth Terminal Adapter instead of an Analog
Terminal Adapter???
Heck, I'd even be OK with running an app on the phone to accomplish this.

--
-Adam Thompson
  athompso at athompso.net
  Cell: +1 204 291-7950