[Muug-announce] MUUG Meeting, June 13, 7:30PM -- IBM VisualAge for Java

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jun 6 16:25:46 CDT 2000

This message is being sent out to all MUUG members (and a few potential
members) who have provided us with an e-mail address.  In the future, we
will be sending these announcements only to people who subscribe to our new
mailing list, <muug-announce at muug.mb.ca>.  This is an opt-in mailing list,
using the GNU Mailman list server, so you will have full control over
whether or not you wish to receive such messages.

However, this means that you have to subscribe to this list yourself if you
wish to continue receiving such announcements in the future.  Do so today,
so you don't forget and miss announcements.  (This new list will continue to
have a very low volume of traffic, so don't worry about getting more mail.)

You can subscribe through the convenient web-based interface:

You can also do so directly via e-mail, as follows:

        echo subscribe | mail muug-announce-request at muug.mb.ca

To get help:

        echo help | mail muug-announce-request at muug.mb.ca

My apologies to those who receive this twice.  To date, we've only had 27
people sign up to the new muug-announce list, so we're giving those few
procrastinators among us another chance to sign up by repeating this message
on the old list too.

Hope to see you all on muug-announce and, of course, at the next meeting!

[Posted to man.unix.general and other news groups]
------ Forwarded Article <8hjppg$7ed$1 at canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>
------ From gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca (Gilbert E. Detillieux)

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting on Tuesday, June 13.  The meeting topic for this month is
as follows:

   IBM VisualAge for Java

   This month, Steve Banks from IBM in Winnipeg will present VisualAge
   for Java. Steve is a Computer Engineering graduate from the U of M,
   and a software developer with IBM. He has been using VisualAge for
   Java for the past year in a team-based, collaborative software
   development project.

   At the meeting you will hear about: the VisualAge development
   environment, the repository (the database used for revision control),
   the debugger, Enterprise Java Beans, WebSphere and Servlets, and
   Installation on Linux and Windows.

The group holds its general meetings at 7:30 PM on the second Tuesday of
every month from September to June.  (There are no meetings in July and
August.) Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a
MUUG member to attend.

   Please note our meeting location:  IBM Canada's offices in the TD
   Centre, at the corner of Portage and Main. We gather in the lobby on
   the main floor - please try to be there by about 7:15 PM. Steve Moffat
   will then take us up to the meeting room just before the meeting
   starts at 7:30. Don't be late, or you may not get in.

   Parking is available either in the parkade behind the TD building,
   off Albert Street, or in the ground level lot just north of the TD
   building. Entrance to the lot is from Albert Street, behind the
   parkade. Either way, parking is a $1.25 flat rate for the evening.
   You purchase your ticket from a dispenser, so make sure you've got
   exact change - a loonie and a quarter, or 5 quarters.

For more information about MUUG, and its monthly meetings, check out their
Web server:

		http://www.muug.mb.ca/

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>