[Muug-announce] MUUG Meeting, April 10, 7:30PM -- Netfilter and the Linux 2.4 Kernel

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Thu Apr 5 15:56:51 CDT 2001

[Posted to man.unix.general and other news groups]
------ Forwarded Article <9aim3h$pli$1 at canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>
------ From gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca (Gilbert E. Detillieux)

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting on Tuesday, April 10.  The meeting topic for this month is
as follows:

   Netfilter and the Linux 2.4 Kernel

   This month, Sean Walberg will be our guest presenter. The presentation
   will be about netfilter, the packet handling facility of the 2.4
   kernel. Specifically, the differences between netfilter and ipchains,
   and using netfilter to do basic packet filtering, masquerading, and
   other fun stuff.

The group holds its general meetings at 7:30 PM on the second Tuesday of
every month from September to June.  (There are no meetings in July and
August.) Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a
MUUG member to attend.

   Please note our meeting location:  IBM Canada's offices in the TD
   Centre, at the corner of Portage and Main. We gather in the lobby on
   the main floor - please try to be there by about 7:15 PM. Steve Moffat
   will then take us up to the meeting room just before the meeting
   starts at 7:30. Don't be late, or you may not get in.

   Parking is available either in the parkade behind the TD building,
   off Albert Street, or in the ground level lot just north of the TD
   building. Entrance to the lot is from Albert Street, behind the
   parkade. Either way, parking is a $1.25 flat rate for the evening.
   You purchase your ticket from a dispenser, so make sure you've got
   exact change - a loonie and a quarter, or 5 quarters.

For more information about MUUG, and its monthly meetings, check out their
Web server:

		http://www.muug.mb.ca/

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>