[Muug] Free Open Data Event - December 2 2017

MUUG meeting announcements muug-announce at muug.ca
Fri Nov 17 13:49:00 CST 2017

Greetings,

There is an upcoming Open Data event put on by North Forge!

If you're interested in looking at the City of Winnipeg's open data and
working with other people to do cool stuff with it, you should attend.

I'm helping to organize it! You should register and come down!

http://odw2017.ca/
http://northforge.ca/open-data-winnipeg-2017/
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/open-data-winnipeg-2017-tickets-39533118622

How would you use open data to improve the lives of Winnipeggers? A
GPS-based live feed of current air quality conditions? A visualized
‘persona’ of every neighbourhood based on census data? Or discover and
visualize a correlation between the number of trees on a street and
traffic congestion?

Whether you are a hacker, developer, statistician or new to open data,
join us for a fun-filled day of imagination, collaboration, and coding.
We’ll be using the City of Winnipeg’s open data to present to meaningful
and fresh ideas on how data can improve the lives of Winnipeggers.

All the best,
Rob

--
Manitoba UNIX User Group	E-mail: <gedetil at muug.ca>