[Muug] MUUG Meeting, Oct 9, 7:30pm -- Reproducible Builds, RTFM: netcat

MUUG meeting announcements muug-announce at muug.ca
Tue Oct 2 13:27:33 CDT 2018

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting on Tuesday, October 9.  The meeting topic for this month is as
follows:

    Reproducible Builds

    Many of us run some amount of Free and/or Open Source Software,
    but how can we ever be sure that what we're actually running was
    built from the allegedly published source code? Whilst not a
    complete security solution in and of itself, find out how this
    project helps influence and improve security and development as
    part of a wider set of policies. Presented by Muz.

    RTFM: netcat, with Wyatt Zacharias

    A look into a computer networking utility for reading from and
    writing to network connections using TCP/IP protocol, designed to
    be a reliable "back-end" tool that can be used directly or easily
    driven by other programs and scripts.

The group holds its meetings at 7:30pm on the second Tuesday of every
month from September to June.  (There are no meetings in July and
August.) Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a
MUUG member to attend.

    Please note our new meeting location for this month: *Room 1M28*
    Manitoba Hall, University of Winnipeg, entrance on Ellice Ave.
    between Spence and Balmoral St.

    Parking is available on the surrounding streets and in the lots
    on nearby streets.  Look for signage once you're at the building,
    or ask a security guard.

For more information about MUUG, and its monthly meetings, check out
their web server:

	https://muug.ca/

Help us promote this month's meeting, by putting this poster up on your
workplace bulletin board or other suitable public message board:

	https://muug.ca/meetings/MUUGmeeting.pdf

--
Manitoba UNIX User Group	E-mail: <gedetil at muug.ca>
c/o Gilbert E. Detillieux	Web:	http://muug.ca/