[Muug] [RndTbl] MUUG Meeting, Tonight (Mar 10), 7:30pm -- FreeSWITCH Asterisk Clone

MUUG meeting announcements muug-announce at muug.ca
Tue Mar 10 15:15:46 CDT 2020

Regarding good science on keeping ourselves safe, individual action is
very important, except we can accomplish much more and this with less
effort through collective action as borne out by a super CBC Q&Q program
20200228 providing some honest-to-goodness good science.  For details
please see "We may have passed the tipping point in the COVID-19
coronavirus outbreak" @ the following which includes a link to the 15
minute program segment.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/feb-29-coronavirus-containment-window-closing-whale-skin-care-gingko-trees-eternal-youth-and-more-1.5479343/we-may-have-passed-the-tipping-point-in-the-covid-19-coronavirus-outbreak-1.5479345

 From other news Canada is one of very few countries that is using early
detection standards with almost zero human to human transmission while
countries such as   Italy and Iran have already experiencied explosive
transmission trends and the US is close behind all because they only
test once the patients are gravely ill and by that time containment is
nearly impossible.  California, Washington and New York are at the cusp
of widespread transmission vectors.

  In short because of our proximity and interexchange with the US, BC
foremost followed by Ontario East are at greatest risk of being the
early adopters of this outbreak.

BTW sneezing/coughing into your elbow is actually very poor science as
explained by Q & Q.  If you cough into your hand, best with a tissue and
then wash immediately, this is much better science than coughing into
your elbow when the virus can survive for over a week and each time you
cross your arms you reinfected your hand...

Eduard