[Muug] MUUG Online Meeting, Tuesday, Oct 18, 7:30pm -- Tracking Aircraft with RTL-SDR & RaspberryPi

MUUG meeting announcements muug-announce at muug.ca
Tue Oct 4 16:31:42 CDT 2022

Please note the date change for this month only...

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting online, on Tuesday, October 18th, at 7:30pm:

    Tracking Aircraft with an RTL-SDR and a RaspberryPi

    Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast, or ADS-B, is a modern
    aircraft safety system that broadcasts an aircraft's
    identification and position data to other aircraft and ground
    stations. Using an off-the-shelf RTL-SDR receiver and a
    RaspberryPi, we can decode these messages to track aircraft in our
    vicinity. Wyatt will show how to install the dump1090 software
    used to decode the messages, and the different third-party
    aggregation sites that collect ADS-B information to provide
    real-time flight tracking around the world.

    This will once again be an online meeting. Stay tuned to our
    muug.ca home page for the official URL, which will be made
    available about a half hour before the meeting starts. (Reload the
    page if you don't see the link, or if there are issues with
    connecting.)

The group normally holds its meetings at 7:30pm on the second Tuesday of
every month from September to June.  (There are no meetings in July and
August.) Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a
MUUG member to attend.

For more information about MUUG, and its monthly meetings, check out
their web server:

	https://muug.ca/

Help us promote this month's meeting, by putting this poster up on your
workplace bulletin board or other suitable public message board, or
linking to it on social media:

	https://muug.ca/meetings/MUUGmeeting.pdf

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux    E-mail: <gedetil at muug.ca>