[Muug] MUUG Meeting, Tuesday, Dec 5, 7:30pm (Date Change, In-person/Hybrid Meeting) -- Show & Tell & Pot Luck

MUUG meeting announcements muug-announce at muug.ca
Wed Nov 29 15:15:15 CST 2023

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting IN PERSON, on Tuesday, December 5th, at 7:30pm.  Yes, that's on
the FIRST Tuesday of the month...

   Round-Table, Show & Tell, and Pot Luck

    As 2023 draws to a close, MUUG will continue the tradition of
    turning the December meeting into more of an informal, social
    event.

    Bring your favourite gadget! We will have the usual (brief)
    round-table session, followed by a short presentation, a gadget
    show & tell, and then have some time for mingling, eating, and
    drinking.

    But please, stay home if you are sick.

    We will also attempt to simulcast the live round-table and short
    presentation over BigBlueButton for those that can't attend in
    person for any reason, whether snow, or sleet, or illness.

    Bring your favourite gadget! Bring your latest gadget to talk
    about - while everyone mingles, eats, and drinks.

    This will be a pot-luck snack event. Members are encouraged to
    bring their own food to sample and share with others. Feel free to
    bring your own special drink as well - just remember that we don't
    have a liquor license!

   Where to Find the Meeting:

    Just like last December, Mark Jenkins has graciously let us use
    Skullspace, at 374 Donald St. We will be in room 200. Please note
    that this location is not mobility accessible. There are 3 flights
    of stairs and it is 1.5 stories up.

    There is no Winnipeg Jets home game on December 5th so downtown
    street parking should be plentiful. One of the best blocks for
    street parking is Notre Dame after Hargrave. There are also
    several commercial parking lots in the area including right behind
    the Skullspace building.

    The 66 bus route has a southbound stop on the same block of Donald
    (useful for departure) in front of the Yellow Dog Tavern. For
    arrival by bus, it's quite reasonable to walk from stops on Graham
    and Portage or if taking the 66 get off at northbound Smith at
    Portage or northbound King at Notre Dame.

    Doors will be open starting at 7:15 pm with the meeting starting
    at 7:30 pm. After 7:45 pm the doors may be locked so you will need
    to call the Skullspace number (204-480-4092) and we'll answer and
    come down to let you in.

   Food Bank Donations Requested

    As in previous years, we are combining our pot luck event with a
    food drive for Harvest Manitoba. Any member who donates at least
    $1 or brings at least 1 food item will be given an entry into the
    door prize!

    As a special bonus challenge this year, any cash donation made to
    Harvest Manitoba at this event will be matched dollar for dollar
    by Bradford Vokey (up to a total $500 limit)! Let's all chip in to
    make Brad donate more!

   Top 10 Most-Wanted Food Items

    1. Canned Fruit       6. Pasta Sauce
    2. Canned Soup/Stew   7. Rice
    3. Canned Tuna        8. Peanut Butter
    4. Canned Vegetables  9. Baby Formula/Food
    5. Pasta              10. Instant Oatmeal

   Date Change

    Please note the change in meeting date for this month, and for the
    rest of the current year: We are now meeting on the first Tuesday of
    each month.

The group now holds its meetings at 7:30pm on the *first* Tuesday of
every month from September to June. (There are no meetings in July and
August.) Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a
MUUG member to attend.

For more information about MUUG, and its monthly meetings, check out
their web server:

	https://muug.ca/

Help us promote this month's meeting, by putting this poster up on your
workplace bulletin board or other suitable public message board, or
linking to it on social media:

	https://muug.ca/meetings/MUUGmeeting.pdf

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux    E-mail: <gedetil at muug.ca>