[RndTbl] used HIPAD Plus 9018E digitizing tablet available

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Apr 10 16:02:14 CDT 2002

Hi.  Would any of you happen to know of anyone who might be interested
in a slighly used HIPAD Plus 9018E digitizing tablet?  It's a 12 x 18
inch tablet that comes with stylus, 4-button puck cursor, AC adapter,
serial cable, menu overlays and documentation.  It can emulate the
following tablets:

- Houston Instrument HIPAD (serial format)
- Houston Instrument HIPAD Plus
- Houston Instrument TRUE GRID TG-1000
- Summagraphics SummaSketch/MM 1201 (default)
- Summagraphics Bit Pad Plus
- Summagraphics Bit Pad 1
- Summagraphics Bit Pad 2
- Calcomp Drawing Board 2300
- Calcomp 2000
- Kurta Series One
- Kurta IS/ONE
- Hitachi Tiger Tablet (partial emulation, no remote commands)
- GTCO Digi-Pad Type 5 (partial emulation, no remote commands)

If you're interested, make us an offer.  If you know of anyone who is,
please pass this on to them.

It was originally in the thousand dollar ballpark if I recall, but that
was almost 13 years ago.  It was only used lightly for the first 4 years,
on a Masscomp UNIX system we no longer have, but I'm sure it would be
easy to get it to work on Linux or any other OS.  (I don't have any
drivers for it, though.)  I don't really know what we can expect to get
at this point - I'm open to just about any reasonable offers, especially
if someone's willing to come and pick it up.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>