[RndTbl] UPS

Brock Wolfe obwolfe at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 2 13:37:56 CDT 2002

Well its time to get out of the procrastination easychair and upgrade my UPS.  I've used APC 500 and 625 VA UPS's on various PC's in the past. However these UPS don't seem to last, with electronics and batteries failing.  I am looking to replace the
smalller individual units with a single larger unit around 3000VA to support a server/network cluster.  While batteries can't be expected to last forever, I am looking to improve the lifetime and reduce long term costs of providing UPS.  The current
individual UPS's will be be spun out to cover less critical PC's.

Anyone with suggestions, testimonials, or works of advice on larger UPS installations. Or does this plan have an achillies heel?

Brock Wolfe
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting
  otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem."
- Theodore Rubin