[RndTbl] KGostView no print PDF RH 7.3

millward millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA
Thu Aug 8 15:01:08 CDT 2002

I'm running Red Hat 7.3. The KDE KGostView pdf viewer
won't print pdf files. It gives the message:
  "The file format application/x-zerosize is not
directly supported by the current system."
KGostView asks:
 "KDE convert this file to application/postscript ?"
So I agree, but it fails and says:
  "no appropriate filter"
My printer is an Epson 640 which I loath but can't
afford to replace. RH 7.3 with KDE prints text OK.
I've even printed a couple of HTML pages using
Konqueror..
Anyone know how I can get KGostView to print PDF?
  The problem is not the printer. My system is multi-boot
so I booted into Slackware 7.1 Gnome and used
the Gnome Ghostview 0.95 to print the PDF file, no
problem. But I don't really like Gnome and KGostView
should do the job in Red Hat 7.3. What have I failed
to do in Red Hat 7.3 ?