[RndTbl] Diagnostice tool

Brock Wolfe obwolfe at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 7 20:17:43 CST 2002

I recently had a linux server die with a CPU kernel panic message.  From internet searches the opinions on the most probable causes were failing power supply, memory problem, or CPU failing.  I replaced most parts to get server up ASAP.  Now I am
trying to find the root cause of the failures.  I am using memtest86 for memory testing (so far no faults found).  Are there any other (non-wndows) diagnostic tools for finding hardware faults ?

http://www.memtest86.com/

Brock Wolfe
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting
  otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem."
- Theodore Rubin