[RndTbl] KDE 2.2.1 abandoned?

ed orphan millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA
Tue Feb 26 09:50:13 CST 2002

I sent a bug report to tibirna at kde.org because
Konqueror 2.2.1 freezes on htp or ftp downloads.
Netscape Communicator works perfectly, but
Konqueror freezes.
I could not use the bug Wizard at the KDE site
because it said my QT was too old.
I just installed Red Hat 7.2 and its too old?
I got a repy from my bug report and it said
I was using an obsolete KDE. It said I should
be using KDE 2.2.2 and they were not very
interested in bug reprots for old KDE 2.2.1.
It also said I should use a distribution that had
KDE 2.2.2, not the old KDE 2.2.1.
Well, I guess that finishes Konqueror for me.
I've only got a telephone modem, so I can't download
KDE 2.2.2 and, even if I could, I've got better
things to do than chase the newest and the lattest.
What ever happened to dependable software?