[RndTbl] Installing LimeWire

Mel Seder melseder at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 19:12:36 CDT 2002

I installed Sun's Java Runtime Environment.  When I ran "sh
LimeWireLinux.bin" I got the following error message.  I think I
understand the problem.  LimeWire couldn't find the Java runtime
program in $PATH.

My problem is that I don't know how to find out what and how to
concatenate the existing path.  I'd appreciate help :-)

---snip
[mel at localhost mel]$ su -c "sh LimeWireLinux.bin"
Password:
Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
No Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH
environment variable.  You must install a VM prior to
running this program.
[mel at localhost mel]$ $PATH
bash:
/usr/kerberos/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/home/mel/bin:
No such file or directory
[mel at localhost mel]$

=====
"The sooner you make five thousand mistakes,  the sooner you will be able to correct them." - Kimon Nicolaides