[RndTbl] optimizing hard drive, RH 7.2

Kevin McGregor kmcgregor at shaw.ca
Sat May 18 09:50:21 CDT 2002

It really depends on what sort of programs you're running and what their
memory footprint and use pattern is. Have you run 'top' to see which
programs are using the most memory? If not, run 'top' at a shell prompt
and press capital 'M' to sort the list by memory use. Some programs have
memory leaks, too, and that will exacerbate the problem. Someone else
may have suggestions for other tests to do to narrow down the source of
this behaviour.