[RndTbl] Socket dump utility

Daryl F wyatt at escape.ca
Wed May 29 23:43:47 CDT 2002

If he knows which interface it is coming from you can use the 'expression'
of tcpdump to narrow the dump down to traffic to, and/or from, a specific
port. For instance,
	tcpdump -i eth0 port named
will watch for only DNS on the eth0 interface. Check the manpage for
tcpdump(1). The expression allows lots of filtering and boolean
expressions.