[RndTbl] Router Config Confuses me

Mel Seder melseder at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 20:41:43 CDT 2002

D-Link DI-701
I have three open ports that I added using the vserv command of my
router's software.

I can use all the other main ports ie 80, 25 and various IM programs
and I never had to go in and add these ports to the open list.

The show command doesn't show ports 80 or 25 as being open.  How do
some programs have the ability to use these ports without them being in
the allowed list and others such as ftp (20 & 21) need to be added with
the vserv command?

=====
MelSeder at yahoo.com
"The sooner you make five thousand mistakes,  the sooner you will be able to correct them." - Kimon Nicolaides