[RndTbl] pine 4.44

Sean null at tinfoilhat.ca
Mon Sep 16 03:24:02 CDT 2002

->My configuration includes the following
->personal-name=melseder
->user-domain=yahoo.com

The personal-name field is only that. It has nothing to do with your
'actual' email address.

As far as pine is concerned an email address looks like:
	personal-name <login_id at user-domain>

->Is the personal-name (melseder) and my login (mel) getting mixed up?
->
As stated above personal-name has nothing to do with your email address.
The personal-name field is an override for the "Full User Name" from the
password database.  This is a usefull feature on machines in which you
have no access to the password database and your account has been created
with your full name or with your middle names (such is the case at the
UofM).

->What can I do to have the  from shown as melseder at yahoo.com when
->someone receives pine/sendmail from me?
->
I haven't tried but I'm sure there must be a way to do outgoing mail
filters in sendmail.  There is no documented way to do that in pine but if
you add change the default-composer-hdrs field to the following it will
allow you to mangle the from field on compose as you see fit.

default-composer-hdrs=From:,