[RndTbl] LCD character displays?

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Mon Dec 29 11:29:32 CST 2003

This might be the completely wrong approach but I believe 2 x 24 serial
LCD displays are the same standard size used for Point Of Sale to
display product and price info to customers at the checkout.

My understanding is there are Linux based POS terminals which support
these display devices so my thought is you might find more information
about driving them by searching around point of sale.

www.javapos.com is where the Java drivers for these devices are defined.
Its been a few years since I did work in this area so I don't know if
this is going to be helpful or not.

Regards,

John Lange