[RndTbl] md5sum

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jun 30 15:44:13 CDT 2003

According to Ian Timshel:
> Hi all.
> How do I get the md5sum numbers for the ftp.muug.mb.ca site?   I look but I
> do not see...
>
> Cheers!  Ian.

It all depends on what file you're looking for.  Red Hat provides files
called MD5SUM in most directories containing ISO images.  A quick way to
find which ones are around is this...

http://www.muug.mb.ca/cgi-bin/locate?key=MD5SUM

You might also want to run the locate with the key "md5sum" in lower-case,
which will get you a different list of such files, mostly for Debian,
Sunsite, and GNU archives.

However, we don't generate MD5 checksums for any of the files we mirror, so
whether they're available or not depends entirely on whether or not they're
generated and provided by the sites from which we mirror.

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail:	<gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>
Dept. of Computer Science	Web:	http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/