[RndTbl] Summary of VCD discussion?

Mike Pfaiffer mike at digitalcivilization.ca
Wed Nov 12 13:34:57 CST 2003

On November 12, 2003 12:11 pm, Sean A. Walberg wrote:
> A few links and projects that handled transcoding and making of [S]VCDs
> were mentioned last night.  Could anyone who was taking notes post a
> summary?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean

	The ones I remember are mencoder (part of MPlayer), svcd-help.com (I haven't
looked at this yet), and vcdmaker (a program).

	There is also a shell script called avi2svcd. It doesn't seem to work for me.

	Perhaps someone can point me to a HowTo as well. There seems to be much more
on ripping than there is on authoring. In fact it's almost overwhelming.

	Also I did notice a useful program a few weeks ago on freshmeat. It allowed
the user to create a rudimentary menu. Don't ask me what it was called.

				Later
				Mike

|  Digital Civilization magazine: http://www.digitalcivilization.ca    |
|   http://members.shaw.ca/pfaiffer = Mike Pfaiffer (B.A., B.Sc.)      |
| See my web page before you think about spamming me. I charge cash.   |