[RndTbl] Fedora Core 2 on DVD vs CD

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Wed Apr 14 12:30:28 CDT 2004

Hi all.

At last night's MUUG meeting, several people expressed interest in getting
Fedora Core 2, when it's released(*), on a DVD-ROM rather than the 4
CD-ROM's it will take, while others had a clear preference for CD's.

What we'll likely do, though this still needs to be discussed at our next
board meeting, is some of each.  This is assuming, of course, that we have
ready access to everything we need at the time.

(*) Someone mentioned May 17 as the release date, which seems to agree with
the currently posted schedule...

	http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/

This means things have slipped a week since last time I checked.  I had
hoped we'd be able to distribute this new release at the May 11th meeting,
which would have been kind of tight, but now that's not going to happen.
So, even if the schedule slips a couple more weeks, we'll have no problems
having Fedora Core 2 ready for distribution at the June 8th meeting.

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/