No subject

Wed Dec 29 16:20:50 CST 2004

another box. But I have more questions.

When the prompt disappears are you running under X-windows? Or just a
virtual console? If it is under X-windows and you are running a font
server it is likely that your ipchains is blocking port 7100 or 7200 where
the font server usually listens. And, yes, strange things happen if the
Xwindows server can't get to the fonts.

You might try changing to start up on runlevel 3 if you normally come up
under runlevel 5 (Xwindows). Log on and test out your ipchains without
Xwindows.