[RndTbl] Linux colour lazer printer

Spencer spencer at theseedorganization.ca
Mon Feb 23 09:15:16 CST 2004

A lot of clients have recently bought cheap Brother laser printers. So far
I have not had very good experiences with them when using anything other
than MS Windows.

A tip I got from a printer service guy is to pick up a Tektronix on eBay.
You get free black toner for the life of the printer. He said that they
honer this even if it is not from the original owner. You'll probably pay
a little more up front, but that has got to save you money in the long
run. We have a Tektronix 850 DP with has ethernet, centronix and usb
interfaces and supports postscript 3 & PCL. It has lasted us about 4 years
so far and has only been in for service once.

  ~ Spencer