[RndTbl] SyQuest SyJet1se

Mike Pfaiffer mike at digitalcivilization.ca
Sat Jul 31 14:44:12 CDT 2004

On July 31, 2004 01:38 am, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> The SyJet is a VERY different drive than the old SyQuest drives. This
> is a 1.5GB disk and it _does not_ take the old style cartridges.

	OK. Now I know.

> I remember drooling over the SyJet back when it was competing against
> the original 1GB Jazz drive. They were really nice, but eBay is
> probably the best place to look for cartridges, IIRC they were about
> $150 new, so they are definitely not worth buying new cartridges.

	In the day I was still using my Apple IIGS as my main computer. As long as it
was a SCSI drive it would work.

> If you are going to toss it, I would love to have one for my collection
> and I could pick it up.

	I still use it for my Apple IIGS harddrive. If you have a bunch of working
80MB units I wouldn't mind trading up and help you fill out your collection.
The big thing is I still have to have a working unit on this machine. This is
actually a clone of the Syquest drive. It's called a Dynatek.

> shawn

				Later
				Mike

|  Digital Civilization magazine: http://www.digitalcivilization.ca    |