[RndTbl] "cannot stat /dev/cdrom" error message and problem

Mel Seder melseder at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 14:06:00 CST 2004

The following is the contents of my /etc/fstab.

When my computer boots I get the message "cannot stat /dev/cdrom" and
the cdrom is not useable.  My cdrom1 has been broken for sometime now.
I have removed some spaces because of wordwrap in yahoo mail.

LABEL=/ /      ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot1   /boot   ext3    defaults        1 2
none  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none  /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none  /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb3 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
# /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1         udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0  /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/hda5 /mnt/data               vfat
auto,user,rw,gid=vfatusers,umask=002 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/flash              auto    noauto,owner,kudzu,rw 0 0 5
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom            udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

It was working fine yesterday.  Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?

=====
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)